Sunday, September 9, 2007

Live Forever - Oasis


There was a long-running dispute between myself and an old friend about who heard Oasis first. I'm sure we were easily the two biggest fans in the Tri-State area in the late 90s, but I'll confess that he really took a shine to them first. I simply think I heard "Live Forever" on the radio before he did.

I really didn't know at the time that I'd discovered what would become my favorite band, one that would help turn me in a whole new direction in my musical tastes. Honestly, I'm not sure I thought the song was all that good. The first album, Definitely Maybe, despite being the best selling debut in British history (well, before the Arctic Monkeys, I believe), has never been one of my favorites from Oasis.

Still, as a fan reflecting and with a much deeper appreciation for this first foray into music genius, there is a lot to love. Sure, Liam's voice is incredibly nasal and the beat is pretty simplistic, but the lyrics are sharp and the guitar solo is beautiful, especially to hear in concert.

32/365

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...."Live Forever"...now we know where it all started.

I could also make the Red Phone booth joke here...but I'll refrain...

September 10, 2007 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

You could turn me into an Oasis fan yet.

September 11, 2007 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home