Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Scientist - Coldplay


Coldplay are one of those bands that seem to get impossibly better the more I listen to them. I don't know if it's Chris Martin's unique voice, brilliant lyrics or the band's stirring musicianship...these guys amaze me.

It's hard to decide if their second album, A Rush of Blood to the Head, tops their first, Parachutes, as a whole, but I think it provided stronger singles. "The Scientist" is easily one of my favorites.

Most Coldplay songs have a hint of sadness to them, but "The Scientist" even moreso, especially after seeing the music video. Played backwards, it follows Martin "back to the start" as the song suggests, but the start is rather heartbreaking.

Nobody said it was easy
Oh, it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard...

28/365

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song breaks my heart in two every time I hear it. Coldplay has so many songs where everything comes together perfectly...his voice, the music, the lyrics...

August 1, 2007 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home