Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Transformers: The Movie Theme - Lion


Given the recent box-office success of the live-action film, for a 30 year old man to say he's a big fan of The Transformers isn't as much of an indictment of his own geekdom as it used to be.

But the fact is I grew up with the vehicles that were "more than meets the eye." I had the toys, I read the comics, I watched the cartoon. I didn't have the privilege of seeing the original, animated motion picture in theatres, but I purchased the videotape years later and became enamored of its largely synthesized, very 80s soundtrack (the only "name" artist on it was Weird-Al Yankovic).

The soundtrack is easily the geekiest part of my collection, but I still get a tremendous kick out of and still love to watch and sing along to songs within the movie. Of course, any fan of the cartoon knew the theme song, so it was only appropriate it was touched up to big-hair metal proportions for the feature. Ten years old or 30 years young, it still rocks.

24/365

2 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

You're back!

Schweet.

July 25, 2007 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger MightyMartian said...

Yeah, sorry, I keep neglecting this. I'll try to update with more regularity.

July 25, 2007 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home