Monday, August 20, 2007

Song 2 - Blur


Is there ever a song more suited to sporting events or drunken sing-alongs? At a handy two minutes, it's all over the spectrum from slow strum and almost nonsense lyrics ("I got my head checked by a jumbo jet"?) to that crashing, simple chorus.

WOO HOO!!

I simply can't hear this song somewhere and not have the urge to throw my arms up and "woo hoo" right along with Damon Alburn. This is probably Blur's best-known tune (at least in America) and I get the impression it was mostly a throwaway. They didn't even give it a name, after all. I took some time warming up to Blur as a band, seeing several of their videos before this one sold me. Now, I think they're one of the most brilliant acts to come out of the mid-90's Britpop era.

30/365

2 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

I think I love that. Great way to start the workday.

August 22, 2007 at 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOO-HOOOOO!

nuff said.

August 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home