Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve


I'm not sure if it's Richard Ashcroft's voice, the lovely orchestral arrangement of a Rolling Stones tune or the lyrical sentiment:

Cuz it's a bittersweet symphony,
That's life.
Try to make ends meet,
Try to find somebody,
Then you die.

This has always been one of my favorite tracks. I don't really have a lot more than that to say about it...no special association with a cherished moment in my life or a heartfelt romance gone wrong. It's simply a brilliant piece of 90's Brit rock.

33/265

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always liked the video...I had read somewhere that it wasn't staged and that he was really bumping and knocking into total, unexpecting strangers on the street...

October 2, 2007 at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home