Monday, April 9, 2007

Closing Time - Semisonic

Semisonic strikes me as one of those great forgotten bands, but everyone remembers this song, an ode to last calls at your local watering hole and the promises or perils that lie without as you shuffle off into the night.

Though the band would achieve much greater importance for me via other songs (that'll keep you in suspense!), this one is still a great tune, most notably for one line that I've always taken as a bit of a personal mantra.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

4/365

4 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

Nice. I admit, I really like this song. But, as I've stated before, I'm a sucker for a minor key and a beat.

April 9, 2007 at 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...what could the other song be...*wink*

I remember this being one of those songs that radio tried to kill...but once they stopped putting it into an every fifth song rotation, it regained its charm...

April 10, 2007 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Otter said...

I enjoyed this song too... isn't their drummer a some what frequent contributor to NPR?

April 12, 2007 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Otter said...

This song rocks! WXRT put it on a compilation disc which I own.

April 13, 2007 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home